In the last decade, polished concrete has become a popular flooring trend across the country. Concrete polished floors are affordable, durable, and low maintenance. Residential and commercial polished concrete floors can be designed in different colors and gloss levels to fit the client’s needs.
Can all concrete floors be polished?
If the concrete is new to good condition, there will be no issue applying the polish. If the concrete is damaged or showing signs of weakness, it should be inspected by a professional before the polishing process begins. Once the damage is assessed, the professional may be able to patch your concrete to get it ready for polishing.
The Benefits of Polished Concrete
Polished concrete floors are perfect for many commercial, residential, and industrial buildings. Here are a few of the benefits associated with polished concrete:
Saves Money- Installing polished concrete floors saves money in the long run. Polished concrete is resistant against moisture, most staining, and wear and tear from high foot traffic. This guarantees your floors are guarded and will last for years to come.
Low Maintenance- Polished concrete floors are easy to care for and can be swept or mopped to be kept clean. Concrete polished floors are easy to clean because they do not allow any liquids or dust to penetrate or stick to the surface.
Beautiful Clean Look- Polished concrete has a glossy finish which will help to brighten any space. As mentioned above, they can also be customized to fit the aesthetic flow.
Concrete Polishing Process
Here is the Zenith step-by-step concrete polishing guide:
- Floors will be inspected by a professional to ensure they are in good shape and are a good candidate for concrete polishing.
- Existing cracks, surface damages, stains, etc. will be addressed if possible.
- We will begin the polishing process by grinding the floors down to the desired profile and aggregate exposure.
- A concrete densifier is applied to harden the concrete floor surface after it has been ground down and prepare it for the polish.
- Finally, polishing steps are taken to achieve the desired sheen and the concrete floor is burnished to seal it and make it shine.
Zenith Painting & Coatings has an experienced team of professionals, committed to providing top-quality customer service and products! Our superior technology, experience, and expertise set us apart from the competition. Call us today or visit our website to learn more!