Moving into a new home can be exciting, stressful, and often times people need a moment to settle and adjust to their new life. The act of packing and moving can be time consuming enough but then there are the added pressures of painting and decorating your new home. Some homeowners find that painting a new home before the move in date saves time and has an easier cleanup, while others feel the need to get settled and decorate before choosing their color palette. No matter what you choose, Zenith Painting and Coatings will be there whenever is most convenient for you. Zenith offers professional residential painting services that will leave your new home looking even more spectacular!
Like most things in life, there are pros and cons about painting before versus after, one moves into a new home. For each family or couple, it is best to weigh both options and see what will work best for you. Below we will begin to cover a few things to take into consideration before making your decision.
Painting Before Move In
Painting before your move in date is definitely more practical from a painter’s standpoint. It will be easier and quicker than it would be having to move furniture around.
- Easy access to walls. Painters will be able to quickly and effectively tape off and start rolling on the new paint with little time or effort involved. This will save lots of time in the long run!
- Easier to paint ceilings and trim. Especially if a ceiling needs a new layer of paint, the painters will not have to move furniture around to gain access. This will also allow for easier access to baseboards and trim.
- It may save you money. Some painters charge per hour while others charge per project. This will definitely cut down the man hours, and companies who do charge per project may end up quoting you for less.
- It allows time for paint chemicals to disperse and time to dry before moving in. If you are moving with a young family, this might be a key point. Although most painting supplies are not harmful, it is never great for children to be inhaling any type of chemicals. Painting before moving in will also give the paint time to dry, before those hands explore the new color on the wall!
Painting After Move In
- Painting after the move in date will help you have a clearer vision of your interior design. If you haven’t bought your furniture yet, or if you are particular about home design in general, you may want to see how the ‘feng shui’ of your home feels before committing to a color.
- This will also help you choose a color pallet that works with your lighting. Similarly, if you are not sure how the furniture will look in your new home, or what the lighting situation may be, it might be best to wait until after you are done decorating and adding lighting fixtures, before committing to your new home’s color palette.
At Zenith Painting and Coatings, we are committed to excellent customer service. Schedule a free consultation and let us come in and take a look! We can’t wait to help you transform your new home into your personal taste.